Three days of sun and a weekend to myself.

March 4th, 2014 jmsalt15

I had begun to crave the sun. So when the sun came out for three days, I knew I had to embrace it. What better way to embrace the sun than exploring St. Andrews?

1932658_10202876220213932_1752255185_o

DAY 1: I took my bike into town and got a few errands done. Checking things off a list is always a great feeling. And then I found myself with a free afternoon! I rode my bike to St. Andrew’s Cathedral. I’ve been here before, but walking through it on a sunny day was simply breathtaking. There are some paths you can go on that are near the beach, so I walked along them, happily. It gave me time to sit and reflect on the last few weeks here at St. Andrews and inspired me to go see a movie by myself.  Got myself some popcorn and saw Dallas Buyers Club (which I loved and recommend to everyone). Here are some pictures of day 1!

DAY 2:

1900552_10202876222293984_932084649_o

I woke up, opened my curtains, and it was sunny and warm! I decided that I was going to go for a bike ride. I took my bike and instead of making the typical left turn into town, I went right! I explored the outskirts of St. Andrews. As I was riding, I stumbled upon this small path with a map. I got off my bike and began walking on the Lade Braes Walk. To all you future St. Andrews study abroad students, this is something you must do. The whole path is completely beautiful, and you wouldn’t even know it existed if you just spent your days in town or in DRA. As you walk along the path, you follow a beautiful river, walk by some mills, small ponds, parks, and more. It is literally the most beautiful part of St. Andrews and I just discovered it!

DAY 3:

1781481_10202876221613967_1629898024_o

I took my friend to Lade Braes and we discovered an offshoot that would lead us to the St. Andrews Botanical Gardens. Everyone has to go there at some point as well – its beautiful!

So there we go. Even when you think you know everything about the place you live in, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Have a sunny day!

Jackie