Rain, Rain, Go Away!

October 26th, 2013 jmsalt15

Wellies. Do you know how often I have been wearing my wellies here in Scotland? More often than not. I haven’t seen the sun for over a week. I’m not even exaggerating. And I miss the sun. The constant rain in the UK is starting to get to me, and wearing my wellies every day is getting old. But when it does, I constantly remind myself of the great things the UK has to offer.

601355_10201989970418241_269945276_nSuch as Edinburgh! Edinburgh was more than I imagined it to be! Not only was it sunny when I went, but I would absolutely call it a hidden gem of Europe. You always associate Europe with London and Paris, but Edinburgh was BEAUTIFUL! From St. Andrews, it’s a really cheap bus ride to get there. So if I ever want to go back, all I have to do is hop on the bus! For more pictures of my adventures in Edinburgh, keep reading!

In other news, I am a part of the Charities Campaign here at St. Andrews. The Charities Campaign raises money for three major charities (Médecins Sans Frontières, Macmillan Cancer Support, and Maggie’s Cancer Caring Centre Fife). I am the Events officer for the Campaign and also the Logistics Point Person for the Big Top Ball! I am helping plan different events throughout the year, and I am also helping plan the Bip Top Ball (which is a circus themed ball where all money raised goes to the campaign). This week, we had a Jumble Sale! A Jumble Sale is equivalent to a garage sale or a tag sale in the United States. We raised over £250!

Also, something worth mentioning is that St. Andrews is known for having black tie balls, and a bunch of us went to one last weekend! It was so much fun! Look below for a few pictures.

photo-11So cheers to a random blog post! Now when someone asks you what rain, Edinburgh, the Charities Campaign, and black tie balls have in common, you can answer: This blog!

Below are some pictures where you can see me in Edinburgh and at the Ball!

Have a wonderful weekend,

Jackie x

Edinburgh Pictures:

Ball Pictures!!